Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2017
An elegant representation of our unique terroir, with hints of floral spice, cardamom and white pepper. The generous fruit profile showcases lemon, tangerine and ripe nectarines. Combining all the elements of our beautiful coastal setting with notes of kelp and a salty sea breeze character own to Cape Point. The delicate notes of perfumed spring blossoms with subtle hints of oak ageing gives this wine added layers of complexity. The palate is rich and textured with a pithy quality, finishing with the characteristic lengthy mineral edge. 2020 – 25
- 94 Points Tim Atkin SA Report 2018
- 92 Points Neal Martin South Africa Report 2018
WINE GROWING & VINIFICATION
Grapes for this wine are hand-selected from 3 sea-facing vineyard parcels in the mid levels of our farm where a combination of the fresh breezes and decomposed granite soils result in a wine that has a distinct mineral edge.
The grapes were hand picked between 22°B and 23°B in the early hours of the morning and whole bunch pressed. The juice is allowed to settle naturally over 12 hours. After fermentation the wine is left on the fermentation lees for 15 months in old French Oak with regular mixing to enhance the mouth feel.
- Trellis: Vertical Shoot Positioning
- Plant Density: 3200 vines/ha
- Soil: Decomposed Granite Yield: 4 tons/ha
- Skin Contact: None, whole bunch pressed
- Settling: 12 Hours
- Fermentation: 100% Barrel fermented
- Temperature: 18-22°C
- Lees Ageing: 15 Months on fine lees in barre
Alc: 14,5% RS:1,9 g/l pH:3,26 TA: 8g/l FSO2: 44mg/l SO2 :128mg/l
- Tim Atkin 2017 SA Report: 94 Points
- International Wine Challenge: Regional Trophy;
- International Wine Challenge: 91 Points
- Decanter 2015 World Wine Awards: Gold
- 92 pts Robert Parker, Neal Martin, Oct 31 issue
- Rated 92 Points by Wine Spectator (Feb 2014):
- Rated 93 Points by Robert Parker 2013
- FNB Top 10 Sauvignon Blanc 2013.